The Lednice Valtice area was is inscribed in the List of World Cultural and Natural Heritage of UNESCO since 1996. The area comprises the esthetic elements of an artifically transformed landscape with a natural countryside. Its architecture is a combination of the Romantic, Classicist and Empire elements.
The Lednice Chateau is a remarkable testimony to the aristocratic culture in the area of Romanticism. The originally Renaissance chateau was converted into Neo-Gothic residence (1846-1858) with romantic interiors by the Prince of Liechtenstein. This chateau is very famous also for its glasshouse with tropical vegetation and the English park with various romantic constructions.
The Valtice Chateau is a large Baroque chateau complex, former residence of the Lichtenstein family with splendidly furnished interiors. Artistically, the most precious parts of the chateau are the chapel, with fine stuccowork and paintwork, the marble dining hall, and the Spanish Stable with valuable rococo stoves. The village Valtice lies in the very heart of the Moravian winegrowing region.